Tuesday 15 July 2014

Typical photographer blog neglect, catching up...

I'm certainly not the only photographer to neglect their blogs. Since I moved over to a new Squarespace website I've only written one post here...

So I'm taking the chance now to catch up on what I've been up to recently.

Way back in March I photographed some of the Parcelforce workers for their in-house magazine. The story was on how they had helped local communities after the winter storms.  It turned out to be a pretty tricky shoot considering we had zero time to go to any better location and a totally overcast morning!

Still, as an editorial photographer these are the punches you have to roll with at times, here's the tear-sheet as it ran in the mag:



Following that, in a recurring theme of photographing large groups of men at work. I had a commission from the Guardian newspaper to go and shoot a group portrait of some maintenance workers at the local Trinity St Davids college who were involved in a legal dispute (Which they ended up winning).

Here is the frame they used nice and big over two pages:


After that came some architectural photography, one commercial and the other a residential development, both in the SA1 area in Swansea.



Then I met a priest who was shining shoes for the day, this time shot for the Western mail newspaper:


After some wedding photography I had my first UKIP encounter on the streets of Swansea:


A PR job for the Halifax Big Lunch event in Newport:


I also took a trip down to Pendine for the VHRA Hot Rod races. I missed out on a pit pass as I was too slow in registering which meant I had to shoot from the sidelines, next year I'll make sure I get some decent access. 

I made a mini-edit of the images which you can view here.



Still waiting for a couple of other jobs to be published before I can share those. In between all of these I've been busying myself as a documentary wedding photographer, you can see all of that work on a separate website here.

That brings us pretty much up to date, the next post should be more interesting as I'm waiting to confirm access for some pretty big events over the next couple of months and also, some new personal work, maybe...see you here at the same place in 4 months yeah?

No comments:

Post a Comment