Wednesday 27 August 2014

Portrait: Val Poole for Legion Magazine

A couple of months ago I received a call from one of my regular clients to head down to Weston-Super-Mare to shoot a portrait of Val Poole for her involvement in the National Poppy campaign.

The initial brief was for an image of Val in a busy high street in Weston with passers by blurred as they walked past. With it being midday and Britain experiencing some fine weather the light wasn't exactly ideal and I felt I needed another option to give to the picture editor.

Having spent some time working on picture desks I know how important it is to be able to give editors some different options, sometimes they are able to use alternate versions for different parts of the magazine, or for print and online.

In the end I ended up with another set of images shot in Val's garden that gave the piece a different feel to the busier shopping street images we shot earlier. You can see a couple of the shots below.

I'll to keep up to my end of the bargain here by posting behind the scenes thoughts and images from my work as an editorial and pr photographer over the coming months so keep checking back.

You can always follow what I'm up to on the usual social media channels, links above and on my Contact page.







No comments:

Post a Comment